Annual conference open for booking: 25 & 26 May
Our 2022 virtual Annual Conference, taking place Wednesday 25th & Thursday 26th May 2022, is open for booking. To book your free place, click here.
The theme of our charity’s 2022 conference is ‘Good research practice: culture, environment and sustainability’. Speakers from across the research community will come together to discuss key topics in research integrity, such as, how do we make sure research is high quality and of high ethical standards during these challenging times? How can we ensure rigour and reproducibility, adapt to new ways of working, reduce waste in research, and respond to the wider issues facing society?
Sir Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Adviser, is confirmed to open the second day of the conference, sharing his perspective on good research practice.
Conference sessions will explore how the research community can work together to:
- Safeguard and enhance good research practice.
- Embed a culture of integrity in the research that we do, in the organisations in which we work, and in the systems which fund, monitor, assess and disseminate research.
- Share perspectives and knowledge to support each other and to help ensure diversity and equality of participation.
- Respond to global challenges such as sustainability and the impact of the ongoing pandemic.
Keynote speakers confirmed for this years annual conference are as follows:
- Sir Patrick Vallance FRS FMedSci FRCP, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Dr Elisabeth Bik, winner of the 2021 John Maddox Prize
- Professor Astrid Eichhorn, chair of the ALLEA Working Group Climate Sustainability in the Academic System
- Professor James Wilsdon, Director, Research on Research Institute (RoRI)
How to book your free place
Terms and conditions for UKRIO event bookings can be found here