UKRIO is holding monthly webinars on research integrity and related issues. Speakers from UKRIO and invited experts will explore topics such as publication ethics and authorship; research ethics; compliance with the Concordat to Support Research Integrity; and research integrity training.
The first webinar took place on 6 May, giving a sector update on the ongoing work in research integrity and culture in the UK.
- Dr Anne Taylor give an update on the recent work of the Signatories of the Concordat to Support Research Integrity and spoke about the Wellcome Trust’s ongoing research integrity and culture activities.
- Representatives of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) gave an update on UKRI’s work on research culture and environment, and related issues.
- James Parry discussed the UK Research Integrity Office’s recent and future work programme.
Dates and topics for future webinars will be announced shortly. For further information on these free events, please check this page regularly.
Selected presentations and recordings (where available) from webinars are available below.
Please note that speakers have requested that their presentations are not hosted on any institutional websites. Copyright of the presentation rests with the speaker and/or their institution, unless otherwise stated. Use of any presentation for commercial gain or purposes requires the prior permission of the speaker. Disclaimer: the views represented are not necessarily those of the UK Research Integrity Office.
UKRIO research integrity webinar: sector update, Wednesday 6 May 2020
- Dr Anne Taylor, Head of Grants Operations, Wellcome Trust; representative of the Concordat Signatories Group: Integrity and culture – is the force with us?
- Rebecca Veitch, Head of Research Integrity, UK Research and Innovation; Dr Frances Downey, Head of Research Culture, UKRI; Neil Jacobs, Senior Strategy Advisor, Research Integrity Team, UKRI: Research Culture and Integrity
- James Parry, Chief Executive. UK Research Integrity Office: UKRIO – recent developments and our plans for the future
Terms and conditions for UKRIO event bookings can be found here.
UKRIO is following the advice of Public Health England (PHE) and the UK Government. All UKRIO events will be conducted virtually until further notice. Support and services that the charity normally provides face-to-face are being delivered through other means.