2018 annual conference
Our 2018 annual research integrity conference discussed how to support a culture of high quality and ethical research, how to promote research integrity in specific disciplines, and gave delegates the opportunity to contribute to developments in UK research integrity.
We have received excellent feedback on the event. We look forward to working on the topics and themes identified at the conference.
A selection of materials from the conference is available below. We will be adding further material to this page shortly.
- Norman Lamb MP – Speaking notes, UKRIO Annual Conference 23 May 2018. Please note that these are draft speaking notes, rather than a verbatim transcript of Mr Lamb’s remarks at the 2018 UKRIO Conference, and so may differ slightly from delivery.
- Professor Jane Hutton, University of Warwick – Statistics is an essential part of ethical research
- Louise Corti UK Data Service – Research ethics and data sharing
- Dr Frances Downey, Royal Society – Integrity in Practice
- John Oates – ARMA-UKRIO Guidance for Research Ethics Processes and Structures
- James Parry and Bernard Silverman UKRIO – UKRIO Stakeholder Forum 2018
- Sam Roseveare Universities UK – The Research Integrity Concordat
Please note that speakers have requested that their presentations are not hosted on any institutional websites. Copyright of the presentation rests with the speaker and/or their institution, unless otherwise stated. Use of any presentation for commercial gain or purposes requires the prior permission of the speaker. Disclaimer: the views represented are not necessarily those of the UK Research Integrity Office.
- Rt Hon Norman Lamb MP, Chair, House of Commons Science and Technology Committee; Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for North Norfolk
- Andrew Thompson, Professor of Modern History at the University of Exeter and Executive Chair of the Arts and Humanities Research Council, one of the 9 Councils in UK Research and Innovation
- Professor Jane Hutton, Department of Statistics, University of Warwick
- Louise Corti, Director, Collections Development and Data Publishing, UK Data Service
- Dr Frances Downey, Senior Policy Adviser, Royal Society
- Chris Graf, Co-Chair, Committee on Publication Ethics; Director, Research Integrity and Publishing Ethics, Wiley
- Dr Irene Hames, independent specialist in research publication, peer review and research integrity
- Dr Sean Jennings, Head of Research Governance and Ethics, University of Birmingham
- Dr Simon Kolstoe, University of Portsmouth
- Dr Janet Metcalfe, Head, VITAE
- John Oates, British Psychological Society and Open University
- James Parry, Chief Executive of UKRIO
- Sam Roseveare, Policy Manager, Universities UK
- Professor Sir Bernard Silverman, Chair of UKRIO; former Home Office Chief Scientific Adviser
Terms and conditions for UKRIO event bookings can be found here.