2016 annual conference
Our fourth annual research integrity conference focused on how to support a culture of high quality and ethical research. Speakers, such as Sir Malcolm Grant, former President and Provost of University College London, discussed how to respond to common issues and pitfalls, while UKRIO and invited guests provided an update for new developments within the sector, such as the further development of the Concordat to Support Research Integrity.
Initial feedback on the event was very positive and we look forward to working on the topics and themes identified at the conference.
A selection of materials from the conference is available below. We will be adding further material to this page shortly.
- Embedding a culture of research integrity – Dr Elizabeth Adams
- European research integrity initiatives and their potential impacts at national and local level – Dr Maura Hiney
- Promoting and Supporting Research Integrity at KCL – Marice Lunny
- Research Integrity for the Biosciences – Dr Nikki Osborne
- Embedding Integrity – Dr Sara Shinton
Please note that speakers have requested that their presentations are not hosted on any institutional websites. Copyright of the presentation rests with the speaker and/or their institution, unless otherwise stated. Use of any presentation for commercial gain or purposes requires the prior permission of the speaker.
- Professor Sir Malcolm Grant, Chair, NHS England; Chancellor of the University of York, and immediate past President and Provost of University College London.
- Dr Elizabeth Adams, Researcher Development Manager, University of Glasgow.
- Jamie Arrowsmith, Programme Manager (Research; Efficiency), Universities UK.
- Professor Michael Farthing, Vice-Chair of UKRIO; Vice-Chancellor, University of Sussex.
- Zoë Hammatt, Director of the Division of Education and Integrity, U.S. Office of Research Integrity.
- Dr Peter Hedges, Head of University Research Office, University of Cambridge; UKRIO Advisory Board member.
- Dr Maura Hiney, Head of Post-award Management and Evaluation, Health Research Board Ireland; Chair of Science Europe Working Group on Research Integrity.
- Marice Lunny, Head of Research Policy and Ethics, Kings College London.
- Professor Philip Moriarty, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Nottingham.
- Dr Nikki Osborne, Director, Responsible Practice in Research; UKRIO Adviser.
- Dr Andrew Rawnsley, Research Governance & Training Manager, Graduate Research School, Teesside University; UKRIO Adviser.
- James Parry, Chief Executive of UKRIO.
- Dr Sara Shinton, Academic Development & Leadership Consultant, Shinton Consulting Ltd.
- Professor Bernard Silverman, Chair of UKRIO and the Home Office Chief Scientific Adviser.