Places are still available at UKRIO’s 2016 annual conference, taking place at The Kensington Close Hotel, Wright’s Lane, London W8 5SP on Thursday 5th May 2016.
This one-day conference will address how to support a culture of high quality and ethical research. We will discuss how to respond to common issues and pitfalls and provide an update for new developments within the sector. With a range of expert speakers such as Sir Malcolm Grant, former President and Provost of University College London, and representatives from UKRIO, we hope to draw on our extensive experience and knowledge to provide an informative and interesting conference.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Sir Malcolm Grant, Chair, NHS England; Chancellor of the University of York, and immediate past President and Provost of University College London.
- Dr Elizabeth Adams, Researcher Development Manager, University of Glasgow.
- Jamie Arrowsmith, Programme Manager (Research; Efficiency), Universities UK.
- Professor Michael Farthing, Vice-Chair of UKRIO; Vice-Chancellor, University of Sussex.
- Dr Maura Hiney, Head of Research Policy and Evaluation, Irish Health Research Board; Chair of Science Europe Working Group on Research Integrity.
- Ms Marice Lunny, Head of Research Policy and Ethics, Kings College London.
- Professor Philip Moriarty, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Nottingham.
- James Parry, Chief Executive of UKRIO.
- Dr Sara Shinton, Academic Development & Leadership Consultant, Shinton Consulting Ltd.
- Professor Bernard Silverman, Chair of UKRIO and the Home Office Chief Scientific Adviser.
Further speakers and a full programme for the conference will be announced shortly.
As in previous years, UKRIO subscribers and associate members are offered one complimentary place at the conference for their organisation. If an institution wishes to send more than one delegate, additional places are available at £75 per person on a first come, first served basis.
Further information, including how to book your place, can be found here.
Please note that this event is for members of UKRIO subscriber institutions only. Institutions which subscribe to UKRIO are offered one complimentary place at the conference for their organisation.