We are pleased to announce that Norman Lamb, Chair of the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee and Member of Parliament for North Norfolk, will be a keynote speaker at UKRIO’s annual conference on 23 May 2018.
He joins our other keynote speakers, Professor Jane Hutton from the Department of Statistics, University of Warwick and Andrew Thompson, Professor of Modern History at the University of Exeter and Executive Chair of the Arts and Humanities Research Council, one of the 9 Councils in UK Research and Innovation.
Mr Lamb will discuss research integrity and what this issue means for the research community, drawing on his perspective as Chair of the Science and Technology Committee, which is currently conducting an in-depth inquiry into research integrity in the UK.
Further information on our conference, including how to book your place, can be found here.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Rt Hon Norman Lamb MP, Chair, House of Commons Science and Technology Committee; Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for North Norfolk
- Andrew Thompson, Professor of Modern History at the University of Exeter and Executive Chair of the Arts and Humanities Research Council, one of the 9 Councils in UK Research and Innovation
- Dr Libby Bishop, Manager, UK Data Archive
- Andrew Charlesworth, Reader in IT and Law; Director, Centre for IT and Law, Bristol Law School, University of Bristol
- Chris Graf, Co-Chair, Committee on Publication Ethics; Director, Research Integrity and Publishing Ethics, Wiley
- Dr Irene Hames, independent specialist in research publication, peer review and research integrity
- Max Hastings, Policy Researcher, Universities UK
- Professor Jane Hutton, Department of Statistics, University of Warwick
- Dr Simon Kolstoe, University of Portsmouth
- John Oates, British Psychological Society and Open University
- James Parry, Chief Executive of UKRIO
- Professor Sir Bernard Silverman, Chair of UKRIO; former Home Office Chief Scientific Adviser
Please note that this event is for members of UKRIO subscriber institutions only. Institutions which subscribe to UKRIO are offered one complimentary place at the conference for their organisation.